Anti-Ragging Committee will be the Supervisory and Advisory Committee in preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the college Campus.Every student, at the time of admission is supplied with Anti-Ragging Regulations of the college .The College Authorities take necessary steps to sensitize students, parents, authorities about the gravity of ragging. This is done with the help of audio-visuals, electronic and print mediums. Posters, banners and pamphlets highlighting the menace of ragging and its serious consequences is pasted on noticeable places in the college premises
As per the order of Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification from University Grants
Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students on:
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments
- Debarring from appearing in Continuous Assessment Examination / University Examination.
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
- Suspension from the college for a period of one month.
In addition to Regulations, The College also provides instructions on whom to contact in case of incidence or attempt at ragging. This would include contact mobile numbers of Anti-Ragging Committees, Anti-Ragging Squad, Anti-Ragging Helpline and police authorities.
A Black-box is placed at a visible place in the college premises where students if facing any ragging incidents can voice out their difficulty. After the college hours the Principal checks for any letters in Black box and takes necessary actions as soon as possible.
Dr. I. Annammal Arputhamary
Dean College Development
Smt. Benedict Kumari
Ms. Mydhili S